We are BRAVE, and we know you are BRAVE, too!
The BRAVE Toolkit is a series of discussion guides that facilitators and trainers can use to carry forward BRAVE conversations about reproductive justice.
We are BRAVE: Building Reproductive Autonomy and Voices for Equity!
Across the country we have witnessed and experienced the barrage of assaults on reproductive rights, which is chipping away women’s autonomy. Women, people of color and transgender people feel the impact of these assaults more profoundly because they are largely excluded from decision-making leadership while facing intentional aggression by anti-abortion activists.
We believe that reproductive justice will be achieved when all people have the economic, social and political power and resources to make healthy decisions about our bodies, genders, sexualities, and families for ourselves and our communities.
This is why we created the We are BRAVE Toolkit. Designed to guide facilitators and trainers to carry forward BRAVE conversations, this toolkit is a collaboration of many hands and organizations.
This manual was designed for trainers and organizers who:
- Believe that issues of reproductive justice are integral to social justice
- Are tired of the strategies that wedge and divide us
- Understand that our community members live complicated, multidimensional lives, and need organizations to respond to the full spectrum of their issues, from the personal to the public
- Seek to create safe spaces for people of color - especially women, LGBTQ people, and youth - to share their stories without judgement or shame
- Want members, leaders and organizations to be public champions for reproductive justice broadly and for abortion coverage specifically